What Is Holistic Wellness?
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Wellness is a broad term and can encompass so many different areas. It can describe a general lifestyle that promotes good health. Wellness can be understood as a state of well being. A condition of good physical, mental and emotional health. Is it just an absence of illness? Or the presence of energy, joy and purpose. I use a holistic approach to wellness. It is an approach to healthcare that emphasises preventing illness and improving daily life as opposed to a medical emphasis on only treating illness with the aim to cure a disease. A person is seen as a whole individual and treated as such.
Wellness includes the following in no specific order:
- In my own life experience, I have found that a combination of regular massage and yoga, a daily meditation practise as well as incorporating a mindfulness outlook and using skills learned from Cognitive Behavioural therapy increases my overall wellness levels dramatically. It is so important to me to discuss these skills with those who also value and want to increase wellness.
How Can You Increase Holistic Wellness?
Wellness can mean different things for different people. We are all different after all. It is important for you to identify what activities bring you increased joy and energy, help increase your productivity and success in your daily life. Your wellness determines how you feel, your energy levels, your motivation and even affects those who surround you. The first step is becoming aware of this question and looking at the different areas of wellness above. It can be helpful to have the support of a professional to identify what best suits you and your lifestyle.
8 Ways To Increase Holistic Wellness:
How Can Holistic Wellness Help You?
- Improve circulation
- Improve toxin elimination
- Muscle relief
- Manage chronic pain
- Increase relaxation
- Reduce anxiety and depression
- Oxytocin release
- Increased self-awareness of the body
- Headache relief
- Decrease blood pressure
- Improve sleep quality
- Increase flexibility
- Increased muscle strength and tone
- Increased energy levels
- Preventative from injury
MINDFULNESS, THERAPY AND COACHING
- Increase focus and attention
- Anchors mind and body to the present moment
- Identify negative thoughts and emotions
- Manage addictions and anger
- Coping with grief and trauma
- Improve general mood
- Decrease feelings of isolation and loneliness
- Improve communication skills
My hope is that we can help and support each other.
Please email i[email protected] and share your tips which I will add above.
What do you do to increase your wellness in your own life?